From making the best product choice for your project, to ensuring the entire system – including the flashing, soffit and fascia – is expertly installed, KOTT is there for you every step of the way.
We Proudly Carry Products By
What makes KOTT different from other siding installers?
Whether you prefer the ultra-modern look of aluminum composite material (ACM) and corrugated steel panels, or the traditional appearance of fibre cement (Hardie), wood or vinyl, we’ve got you covered. We’ll help you make the best product choice whether your goal is aesthetics, low-maintenance, affordability or energy-efficiency.
Your siding, house wrap and insulation work together to keep your home cool in the summer, warm in the winter, and dry all year round. We are a Certified Installer of DuPont™ Tyvek® HomeWrap® – it keeps air and water out and lets water vapour escape, protecting your home against damage from wind and rain that can penetrate your siding. Tyvek is approved for use as an air barrier by Ottawa building code officials.
When we remove your existing siding we’ll let you know if there are issues with your exterior walls or insulation – repairing any damage or adding insulation now can prevent more costly repairs later, and will have a positive impact on your energy bill.
In addition to the product warranty that every siding manufacturer provides, installation workmanship is guaranteed by KOTT. We will correct – at our own expense – any defect due to faulty workmanship that appears within 10 years.
A focus on our workmanship
Siding products can be damaged through improper handling. Incorrect installation can result in a drafty home, violations of the building code, and a voided warranty. Our experienced siding crews have taken training courses ranging from Vinyl Siding Institute certification, to Hardie-approved fibre cement siding installation. We are a Renomark Renovator. That means we’ve proven our quality workmanship and adherence to ethical standards to the Canadian Home Builder’s Association.
A professional support team
Our Sales Reps and installation crews are supported by a team of more than 10 office-based professionals who can help with any scheduling, after sales service or billing issues.
When the KOTT team is on your site you’re covered against liability. Our installers are insured up to $2 million, bondable to $5 million and covered by WSIB.
A proven track record
Check out our excellent rating on the Better Business Bureau. We’re not a startup or fly-by-night company – we’ve been in the home exteriors business for over 30 years.
What to expect when you deal with KOTT
- When you request an estimate, we’ll set up an appointment to inspect your home to assess key factors such as the size of your home, and the age and condition of the existing exterior cladding.
- Our Sales Rep will provide you with a clear estimate that indicates the scope of work, the contract price and the terms and conditions of the contract.
- When you sign the contract, we’ll ask you for a 10% deposit, payable by cheque, Visa, or Master Card. We’ll also ask for your choice of siding colour.
- We’ll give you a tentative installation date. Our Production Co-ordinator will call you a few days ahead to confirm.
- We consider cleanup to be an important part of the job. Our crews are experienced not only in siding installation, but in making sure the work area is neat and tidy when we leave.
- After the work is done, our supervisor will come to inspect the work. Once we know you are satisfied with the job we’ll invoice you for the balance owing.